We develop, maintain and deliver programs which encourage and promote education on safe work practices and safety awareness on the job. We make it a priority to promote member awareness of new and changing regulations.
Through utilization of AGC’s safety resources and participation on the Chapter’s Environmental, Health and Safety Committee, members gain valuable insight and information to assist them in maintaining a strong safety program and an outstanding safety record. Lower incidence rates and reductions in lost workday cases contribute to lower experience modification rates (E-Mods). These rates play a significant role in prequalification submittals on job bids.
AGC members place a high premium on jobsite safety. Individually and collectively, their lost workday incidence rates are some of the lowest in the nation.
AGC New Mexico members benefit from our commitment to safety excellence through several different programs:
- Our close working relationship with NM OSHA through the Construction Health and Safety Excellence (CHASE) Cooperative Program;
- Monthly technical topic luncheon meetings that routinely attract at least 30 members’ safety professionals for sharing of lessons learned, updates on regulations, new products and trends (see our Calendar);
- Membership in the Construction Industry Crime Alliance (CICA) affords members simplified, rapid online filing of jobsite and/or business theft and fraud incidents. Instant electronic blasts are distributed to registered CICA members so all can be on the lookout for stolen property.
- Our expansive environmental, safety and health committee develops specific and targeted best practice guidelines, for use by all of our members.
- We recognize and reward our members’ dedication to risk management at our annual safety awards luncheon each August.
- In addition, AGC of America offers a National AGC Safety Awards (NASA) program since 1991 to offer AGC members an opportunity to evaluate and be recognized for their safety record.
Members may log in to our members-only section to access our Safety Compliance Assistance Center with many more resources.
Safety & Compliance News
December 13, 2016
December 5, 2016
November 7, 2016
October 18, 2016
September 6, 2016
August 8, 2016
July 5, 2016
May 11, 2016
May 4, 2016
March 24, 2016