Webinar: The New Form I-9
The New Form I-9: What You Need to Know to Avoid the Pitfalls and Stay Compliant
Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET
Beginning on May 7, 2013, all employers will be required to use the newly released Form I-9. The new Form I-9 is longer and more complex than the previous version and comes with new rules affecting which documents can be used to verify the employment eligibility of workers. There are also new instructions and additional data fields for employees and employers. During this webinar, immigration attorney David Whitlock of Miller & Martin, PLLC, will help employers identify the changes to the form and improve I-9 compliance overall. Whether your employees complete Form I-9 centrally or on the jobsite, this webinar is a must for anyone who is responsible for completing and signing Form I-9.
During this webinar, participants will learn about:
· Identify the changes to Form I-9 and improve overall compliance;
· Recognize the affect of the new Form I-9 on hiring managers and field personnel;
· Understand the new rules for acceptable documents used to verify employment eligibility;
· Understand the impact the new Form I-9 will have on the use of E-Verify; and
· Establish best practices for reducing risks and correcting errors when using the new Form I-9.
David C. Whitlock
Attorney, Miller & Martin PLLC
AGC Members: $49
*This program has been submitted to HRCI for review.