Effective March 1, 2013 - Erosion & Sediment Control

Effective March 1, 2013

The City of Albuquerque's Hydrology Department requirement for a building permit for construction sites between one and five acres of disturbed land.

What will be different?

  1.  Erosion and Sediment Control Permit- Sites will have to obtain Erosion and Sediment control permit from the Planning Department before grading can begin on sites that require a SWPPP.
  2. Erosion and Sediment Control Plan- A plan prepared by a registered New Mexico Professional Engineer that shows the necessary Erosion and Sediment control BMPs and phasing if        necessary.
  3. Inspections – The City is required to inspect all permitted sites at least once per year. 

Curtis Cherne P.E., City Hydrologist is managing the program. 

Construction Sites Inspection Program - Information Packet VIEW HERE


What do you think?