AGC to Host Webinar on Legalized Marijuana This Week
On March 20, 2014, AGC New Mexico will host in our conference room a webinar on the implications of one of the most talked-about state laws that is sweeping its way across the country, legalized marijuana. The webinar, Legalized Marijuana: Implications for the Construction Workplace, will be held from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. MST.
- Registration is free to members who would like to attend the webinar in our conference room. RSVP to Kelly Roepke-Orth - email@example.com. (PLEASE BRING YOUR LUNCH)
- To purchase this webinar for your office - Registration is $99 for members and $129 for non-members. Click here
During the webinar, Glenn Schlabs, partner with the law firm of Sherman and Howard, LLC, in Colorado Springs, CO, and Shannon Aguilar, vice president and director of human resources at MWH Global, a construction firm headquartered in Broomfield, CO, will help construction contractors avoid the legal pitfalls of compliance and share best practices for policy implementation and communicating with employees with regard to legalized marijuana.
Webinar attendees will get answers to pressing questions like:
Are employers required to accommodate the use, possession or sale of marijuana on the jobsite in these states?
- What changes, if any, should companies make to their drug testing policies?
- What legal rights do employers have to sanction employees who use marijuana off-the-clock?
- How can federal construction contractors comply with federal drug-free workplace laws without running afoul of state law? and
- What are the safety implications, and how can employers protect workers on the jobsite?
For more information or to register, click here.